Monday, December 17, 2012

Today has been a fun day! Emmett got to go to work with Daddy for a little bit while Emory and I went to visit Dr.Renew. Emory gets excited about going to the doctor. It really cracks me up. She is such a good girl too! Dr. Renew even commented on how sweet she was today. She is so obedient while they check her temp, take her weight, listen to her heart, and look in her ears. Dr.Renew said that her heart murmur sounded faint today...which is always encouraging to hear. Every Dr's visit is a reminder of the open heart surgery she may or may not have to have....a constant prayer request. I am at peace with whatever the Lord has in store...just praying for His will and for His peace to fill our hearts as we walk down whatever the path may hold. As long as He is with us...we will follow. Emory has had a big growth spurt!!! 26 pounds today:) She is getting so big! I praise God for how she is growing so well. Especially since we counted every ounce she gained for the first year of her life:) Emory was super excited to get a sucker and an angry birds sticker from Dr.Renew....good news....virus. I am so very thankful for good doctors and good medicine.
After the doctor visit we had to go to the church to pick up Emmett. I returned Ruth's call on the way there and was happy to hear that they are in town and were working out at the FLC. They invited us for lunch at Jim and Linda's which is ALWAYS a treat!! They both are great cooks!! Linda made the best gumbo and homemade salsa. YUMMMM!!! I love having friends that feel like family....soo blessed.
Came home for naps and with a full tummy I took a nap too!! It is a rainy day. Oh how I love naps on rainy days.....bliss!!! I love cuddling up on the sofa with some hot tea or coffee and lots of blankets to watch movies...Emory is all about Tinker Bell, Wallace and Grommit and The Grinch...it is so funny to ask her how the baby grinch laughs...she is funny! As I write she is shoving toilet paper into a milk jug...randomness of toddlerhood...maybe it is building some fine motor skills or something....
I called Emmett a hobbit this morning due to the fact that he got up before Emory and Jon fed him breakfast..well when Emory got up Emmett acted like he was starving....goes over to his seat whining and eats again...second breakfast..thats my sweet growing boy...Thank you Lord for healthy children and the ability to provide for them...may you use us to provide for others who are not able to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment