Wednesday, November 17, 2010

HS at work

Ok not much time to chat today...cleaning house, doing laundry, taking care of baby Emory (joy of my life:))
So I was getting Emory settled in for a nap this morning and we always read a Bible story before I put her down. She has a little storybook Bible that is PRECIOUS!! It shows how every story in the Old Testament points to Jesus, I LOVE IT!!
So we read a story every day and today's story was about Moses...ordinary...speech impediment Moses.
He's out there minding his own business, tending sheep or farming (I can't remember his occupation) when out of nowhere he sees this bush that is burning but not consumed ( weird right?). Moses walks over to the bush...gets a message from God and BAM!! Just like that his life is transformed. If you want to know the rest, just read Exodus.
It really got me thinking about what happened yesterday. I thought it was crazy, but I really think that it is just how our God works. I mean we have enough examples of it in scripture. If it was all news headlines, it would probably read like this (humor me here)......Virgin Gives Birth to Son......Nobody(Gideon) Wins the Battle......Midget Taxcollector (Zaccheus) Returns the Funds....and so forth and so on. It really makes me wonder....why do I deny the power of the holy spirit (HS) in my life? How come every time I feel like God is speaking to me I brush it off as "I must just be crazy"?  I decided that I am resolving to stand firm. I am going to go forth in full confidence that God is able to speak in and through me to reach the lost for Him. Sure..., most days I feel like a nobody. Like, why would such a wonderful, infinite God choose to use someone like me? But ya know what.....I AM HIS!! PRAISE GOD I AM HIS!!!...and when He speaks to me, I pray for the courage to walk in obedience.
So Tony....I am praying for your salvation daily and I think I am suppose to give you a copy of Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment