Monday, November 22, 2010

Random thoughts

Why do I blog?
1. Because I have got to do something with all the thoughts in my head
2. because I want to look back and remember these moments
3. Because I want my children, maybe even grandchildren to know me.

People that I wish would blog so I could read it:
1. My grandmother -she is in heaven now, but I wish she would have journaled or scrapbooked or something for herself. She made a baby book for me that I can look back on to remember how I was when I was little. I wish that she would have took time to write about herself. I have wondered so many times in life "What would Grandma say? What would Grandma do?" or "I wonder what she would think about this?"
2. Sometimes I wish my husband would blog...sure we live together, but sometimes we get so busy and so tired that we don't have time to talk.
3. Pop-Jonathan's grandfather: he is such an interesting man, a true man of God and it would be nice to read what he writes
4. Pastor Mckinley- I look up to him so much. It would be cool to know what he thinks about...not just sermons.....I think I am going to read his book...maybe that will be cool

I would like to shake the hand of the inventors of the following foods:
cheese, meatballs, pretty much anything Italian....I will add more to this later

Thoughts today: If someone were to sneak into my house while I am not at home, what would they think  that I think is important?
Hopefully they would know that
1. I love and am a servant of Christ
2. That my number one joy in life is loving God and caring for my family
3. That I strive to be a generous giver and love to care for the needy
This is a process that God is still working in me to accomplish

I hate to get on my soapbox here, but this morning I saw a story on TV about a girl who sustained a C6 spinal cord injury while she was horsing around at her bachelorette party. It was really sad, but she seems to be recovering well.  It showed that she is using adaptive equipment for eating and is able to do alot of things for herself. Meredith on the Today show asked her how her "Physical Therapy" was going.....thats when I got mad!! I thought...UGH!!!! why do PTs get all the credit when more than likely an OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST is busting their butt to help this girl. It ticked me off. I mean, I know that it really doesn't matter who gets the credit I guess, but sometimes it would be nice to know that my profession is recognized for the great things it helps people do. Ok, on to something else...

I LOVE going home for the holidays. I have been spending the whole morning packing up to head to Tifton...then to Macon for Thanksgiving. I have been singing "Oh there's no place like home for the holidays" to Emory all morning (she is probably sick of it). I just get so excited about seeing family, eating good food, and getting to relax with everyone for a couple days. It is going to be so fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment