Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Why Looneykris?

Ok so this is pretty out of character for me. Even though I am an extrovert, I still consider myself a pretty private person. My oldest sister encouraged me to start a blog, and like most of her advice, I am doing it. She is older and wiser than I am so I figured...what the hey? Sounds fun...so here it goes

Why Looneykris?
So I had to go to Athens GA this morning for a class that I was registered for with Summit Professional Education Services. I have to get twelve credits a year to keep my Occupational Therapy license. I already have 6 and this class I was going to was going to give me the rest of the credits I need before the year has ended. So, I got up at 4am, left the house at 5:30 and headed to Athens. I got there at 7:30 and went to the course. I was there for about 15 minutes when this lady came in and told us that the instructor was not able to make it today so the course is going to be rescheduled....BUMMER right? "Ok" I thought..."How can I make the most of this? My husband is at home with my 4 month old and I am hungry." Then I remembered that my sweet husband told me about this really good restaurant called Five Star Day in downtown Athens. I had also passed this restaurant on the way into town. So, I decided to go. I took my prayer journal and Bible in so that as I ate, hopefully I would get some reading done...."Finally some alone time" I thought.
I placed my order, a to go order for my husband, and sat at the table nearest to the window.  As I was waiting for my order, I began to write in my prayer journal..praying for my relationship with my parents (it was a crazy weekend), praying for my sweet baby girl to feel better (she has a right ear infection), and just praying in general for God's will to be done in our lives, for His leadership, His guidance etc.  I had to stop when my food came. Oh man!!! Those were the best scrambled eggs EVER!!! Spinach, bacon, and goat cheese...what more could I ask for? At this point I looked around and noticed I was the only person in the restaurant. The owner (and cook) for the restaurant was standing at the counter so I decided to complement her on the food. "These eggs are awesome." I said. Ok...I am going to get to the point here and shorten this up a bit...To make a long story short, the owner and I ended up getting into a normal conversation about different chefs. I got the recipe for the eggs I had eaten and thanked her for giving it to me. She was a nice girl.. I finished up my meal and continued to write in my journal. Just then I got the overwhelming feeling that I was suppose to pray with this chick. "What God?" I was thinking.."That is just crazy. No way man. Sorry." I then got my dirty dishes off the table, took them to the owner, thanked her for the meal, said "God bless You," turned around and walked out the door.  Then it hit me again...."Pray with her" is what I felt like God was saying in my heart. So, I swallowed my pride and went back into the restaurant. At this point I was still the only customer in there and the owner was wiping down the table where I had sat. "I know this may sound crazy," I said, "but I feel like I am suppose to pray with you." she looked at me like I was crazy (which is totally understandable). I continued anyway..."Is it ok if I pray with you?" She sighed and then told me that she doesn't believe like that...basically she was saying (no you crazy person). I then said "Ok that is ok...God bless you any way" and then I left...for good this time.  As I walked out I got so so mad!!! "Thanks God." I thought. "Now I look like a complete looney toon!" I felt like one of those crazy people you see standing on the sidewalk preaching to themselves. "UGH!!!" I told God. " I can't believe you made me do that!!" Then is hit me....she (Tony) has rejected the gospel of Jesus Christ and it is my job as a servant of Christ to share Him with her...even if I look like a complete idiot. "Ok Lord.....I am sorry for my pride....you humbled yourself, came down to Earth, died for us (essentially made yourself look like a lunatic) and here I am complaining. God please forgive me of my pride, of my selfishness, of my ignorance. I live for you now and that means that I will walk in obedience to you even if it makes me look crazy."
So there you have it....why Looneykris (sort of like Ludakris the rapper)...I thought it was catchy....corny  I know, but it's ok....I'm crazy anyway right?
 So I am going to start praying for Tony...I think God is drawing her to himself... I pray that God would send someone into her life to share the gospel with her...someone that she will listen to. I pray that God would break down and destroy whatever it is that is making her reject him i.e...doubt, pride..etc.
I have to go back to Athens in a couple weeks....I am going to pray and see if God wants me to go back there.....It will be such a shame if He says no because those eggs were so incredibly delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment