Tuesday, May 1, 2012











Wow!! What a week!!! Last Wednesday I came down with the horrindous stomach bug that Jonathan had last week, then Emory started running fever...IT WAS BAD!!! To attempt to get some rest and keep Emmett from catching our bugs I called my MAMA...So thankful for Mama!! She met Jonathan in Eatonton and took Emmett for the weekend. Sunday Emory and I went to Musella to pick him up and decided to stay a couple days. It was sooo fun! My sweet daddy took off Monday and took us to Elliot Farms with pick your own strawberries, hayrides, and lots of farm life. It was great!!! I am so thankful for our "life interrupted" this past week. I was SOOOOOOO stressed!!!! about getting the house on the market. I really think that is why I got sick. I was almost to the point of obession with it (cleaning, painting, cleaning cleaning cleaning) it was getting a little crazy and I was getting so ill!!! and GRUMPY!!! I am so glad that God stopped me in my tracks and reminded me of the simple pleasures of life LIKE.....1. the sound of a porch swing and the breeze in my face 2. the quietness of the country 3. being able to look out of the kitchen window and spot doves, squirrels, and crow eating corn and a mischevious cat about to pounce:)4. the sounds my dad makes (animal noises) as part of his every day life. I also like the sound he makes as he thumps his thumb against his coffee cup 5. my mom singing "he's still working on me" to Emmett as she rocks him to sleep....I had no idea that it was a bluegrass song:) 6. Emory asking for "Candy" over and over and over again and doing anything to get it (fish kisses included) 7. the sight of my oldest sister's blue van pulling up with her 3 sweet kiddos and getting to visit for awhile 8. dinner at Margaritas in Macon with Melissa and Scott and JS and Noelle......pure preciousness!!! 9. looking out the window to see Emory and Daddy on the golf cart and on the mower....tooo cute!!! every time Emory sees a golf cart she asks for "Papa" 10. well water 11. my dad saying things like "samich" for sandwich and "balsalamic" for balsamic 12. grilled chicken and roasted vegetables 13. golf cart rides through the bumpy wood trail 14. Realizing that I am soooo overwhelmingly blessed and all of my stresses were unnecessary....God will sell our house in His timing.
I did have quite a scare today though when Emory shut my parents door while I was laying Emmett down to sleep....the door locked with Emory, my phone, and a open dishwasher door full of knives on one side and Emmett and I on the other....SHEER PANIC!!! I kept saying :"God what am I suppose to do?" while repeatedly thrusting my body against the door to try and get it to open...I climbed out the window, comtemplated busting a window..thought I was going to have a heart attack or definitely throw up. I ended up using a chair to help me climb back in and kicking the door about 110 times with all my might to get it to open...once it opened I just sat there and cried......so grateful!!! I then had to calm Emmett down and give him some medicine for his fever. As I cried out " God I am so stressed right now please help me!" Emmett threw up all over me....YUCK!!! I got him cleaned up, me cleaned up, and both my kiddos into their beds for naps while mommy took a deep breath....several deep breaths to get my heart rate back to normal and moved on....I called my hubby and told him not to come home today without some really good food and some really good wine.....I think that there is not much in life that some simple remedies can cure.....Icecream, wine, good lovin, or good food:) Thankfully I got all of the above today so I am feeling good:)

No comments:

Post a Comment